DESCRIPTION FIBRE EXPANSION JOINT FILLER is composed of cellular fibers securely bonded together and uniformly saturated with asphalt to assure longevity. Wherever a cost-effective joint filler is required, FIBRE EXPANSION JOINT meets the need. FIBRE EXPANSION JOINT is versatile, resilient, flexible and non-extruding. When compressed to half of its original thickness, it will recover to a minimum of 70% of its original thickness. FIBRE EXPANSION JOINT will not deform, twist, or break with normal on-the-job handling. Breakage, waste and functional failure resulting from the use of inferior, foreign fiber materials can cost you time and dollars and can result in a substandard finished job, generating costly callbacks and rework expenses. However, the purchase and installation of FIBRE EXPANSION JOINT (a small segment of the total project’s cost) contributes to both the final cost efficiency and functional success, far greater in proportion than its original cost.
USES FIBRE EXPANSION JOINT is ideal for use on highways, streets, airport runways, sidewalks, driveways, flatwork, and scores of commercial and industrial applications subject to pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Provides the ideal product for the majority of all expansion/contraction joint requirements.
- Non-extruding … versatile … offers a minimum 70% recovery after compression.
- This tough, lightweight, easy-to-use, semi-rigid joint filler is available in strips and shapes fabricated to your requirements.
- Easy to cut … dimensionally stable … not sticky in summer or brittle in winter.
- Provides neat, finished joints requiring no trimming.
- Remains the standard of the industry today … with over 80 years of proven and satisfactory performance.
- Can be punched for dowel bars and laminated to thicknesses greater than 1″ (25.4 mm).
SPECIFICATIONS AND SIZE INFORMATION
|Conforms to or meets:
||Weight per Ft.³
- ASTM D 1751
- AASHTO M 213
- FAA Specification Item P-610-2.7
- Corps of Engineers CRD-C 508
- HH-F-341-F, Type I
|3/8″, 1/2″ 3/4″, 1″ (9.5, 12.7, 19.1, 25.4 mm)
||36″, 48″ (.91, 1.22 m)
||10′ (3.05 m) Also available: 5′, 6′, 12′ (1.5, 1.83, 3.66 m)